In Conversation: AIG’s Journey to Transform Its CRE Finance Tech (Ep. 3 of 3)
How can the right feedback loops help a commercial real estate finance firm maximize the benefits of a technology implementation? Tom Fewings, Global Head of Commercial Real Estate Finance at AIG, answers that question and discusses his technology journey in Episode 3 of a three-part series on SitusAMC’s “In Conversation” podcast. The podcast is hosted by Steve Powel, SitusAMC executive chairman and founder, and Brett Williams, SitusAMC Head of Commercial Real Estate Technology, and creator of CLOSER loan management system. In Episode 3, they give helpful advice to others contemplating their own technology journey, including:
- Why it’s important to build in audit-standard controls as part of the workflow process;
- What tools to build on top of a technology system to enhance insights;
- The role of good feedback loops in optimizing the benefits of a technology implementation;
- The benefits of implementing in sprints to maximize flexibility;
- The importance of defining the problem you are solving for at each stage of a technology implementation to avoid scope creep.